People at Trueline are passionate about life and curious about its details. We believe that every company has a story to tell - old, new, growing, struggling, ordinary, unique - and we dedicate ourselves to helping them tell that story in an effective, meaningful, and beautiful way. Working at Trueline means helping hundreds of companies and executives across the nation do just that.
We are an ever-growing B2B branding, marketing, and consulting business located in the heart of Portland, Maine. We’re best known for our industry-specific publications and have a knack for helping businesses shape a narrative. We’re looking for smart and ambitious people to join our team. As recipients of the “Best Places to Work in ME” award five years running, this is an opportunity to work with one of Maine’s most fun, innovative, collaborative, and profitable businesses.
As the Sales Development Coordinator you’ll be the first touchpoint for potential clients and set the tone for the sales cycle following. You’ll work closely with a Content Developer to move clients from prospect to pitch and ensure a steady pipeline of content is available for quarterly journal publication. This role is an excellent opportunity to start or refine a career in sales and marketing.
What You’ll Do as the Sales Development Coordinator:
- Prospect new clients for features in our quarterly industry journals: Equity, Vision, Blueprint, Terra Firma, Vanguard, Toggle, and Vanguard Latin America.
- Utilize LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Salesforce, cold calling, and email to generate new sales opportunities
- Identify key contacts at prospected organizations for pitch calls
- Present Trueline’s journal-specific benefits and opportunities once needs are identified
- Secure and schedule client pitch calls for Content Developers
- Relay useful business information and insights to Content Developers
- Analyze and strategize with Content Developer about pitch to interview conversions and new areas of opportunity
- Be an active presence in industry-specific networks
- Stay abreast of industry trends and changes
You’ll Succeed at Trueline If You:
- Confidently connect with others, whether it’s via phone, email, or in-person
- Are unafraid of cold calling and enjoy starting new conversations
- Commit to mastering your craft and achieving your goals, whatever they may be
- Love a good life-hack, or any way to use your time more efficiently
- Are diligent and enthusiastic; you appreciate quality and deliver it daily
- Have ever called yourself, or been called, cool and competitive (and being the optimal word there, no sore losers please)
- Have a degree from an accredited 4-year college or university.
- (Your major does not matter; we only look to see that you excelled in your chosen field of study.)
- Want to grow a career in sales or marketing
Bonus points if you:
- Worked in sales, marketing, public information/political campaigns, advertising, or public relations
- A vibrant remote or in-office (when possible) friendly environment
- An environment designed to be inclusive for all
- Incentives and revenue share bonus potential for ALL employees
- Ongoing training opportunities
- An environment of positivity and wellness (featuring in-house yoga when in-office)
- Competitive compensation package with no cap on earnings
- Health insurance, including vision and dental
- 401k with match
- Business casual culture
- Volunteer and community outreach opportunities
- Subsidized parking for staff in Maine
Compensation: $45,000 - $65,000 (Base: $15/hr + Uncapped Commission: $10/scheduled pitch call to start)
Trueline is an unabashed equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We want smart and ambitious applicants and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The more diverse and inclusive we are, the better our work will be.